Shade of Red | December 2016
“Shade of Red ~ running through my head”.
I’m writing this post around the Christmas holiday, so I hope you have enjoyed the festivities, or if you haven’t, you’re probably glad it’s over for another year, and wish for a change of fortune or circumstances in 2017.
I won’t look back at the last 12-months with any degree of fondness. I have (metaphorically speaking) thrown a duvet over my head – hoping it would all go away.
This is what I’ve learned in 2016: –
- It’s Ok not to be Ok;
- I’m more than my anxiety;
- Perfectionism is a creativity killer;
- Let thing’s go; relax and unwind;
- Talk to someone you can trust;
- Headspace – A useful Meditation app (some of it is free) which helps with mindfulness;
- I am loved by my family and closest friends.
Is there anything I can do?
This is a valuable resource I’ve found to help me and I hope you find it helpful too >> Self-care wheel
“Shade of Red” © | Music, and lyrics by Simon Edward
“Shade of Red” is a song inspired by my love of music, the colour red and a personal battle against depression.
I wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered the song at home between July 2014 and November 2016: –
“Shade of Red” ~ Credits and with much love to: –
- Stuart Martin on Drums and percussion;
- Helen on Piano;
- Simon Edward on Bass (and other things).
- Stuart appears courtesy of TRicorder Records
Artwork by MJD Concepts UK©
Made with: –
- Jaydee Supernatural + ‘Infinity’ Custom Basses;
- GP12XV pre-amp by Trace Elliot;
- Yamaha SY85; Korg 05R/W;
- Drums: Collector’s Series by DW;
- Drum heads: by Evans; Sticks by Vic Firth;
- Cymbals: by Sabian;
- Recorded at home with Reaper 5 (by Cockos).
The last word
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I wish you peace, joy, and happiness in 2017.
Take care of yourself!
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | December 30th, 2016.