Reviews and Disclosure Policy
My reviews appear on this page in no particular order: –
- DigiTech CF-7 Chorus Factory
- BOSS OC-2 Octaver
- EarthQuaker Devices Night Wire Dynamic Tremolo
- Sterling RAY34CA Bass by Musicman
- Reaper 5 DAW by Cockos
In the UK, I am required by law to let you know if I have received cash or products, in exchange for writing a review.
A reviewer could be breaking the law if you don’t see a Disclosure Policy on their website.
In short, the relationship between someone reviewing a product, and the manufacturer or product provider, should be easily understood.
Disclosure Policy ~ valid from 15 November 2015: –
“My blog is personal. I do not receive any compensation or sponsorship to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
I write for my own purposes but I may be influenced by: –
My background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
I only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my user experience, are worthy of endorsement.
My blog may contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified”.
Finally, the views and opinions expressed on my blog are my own.
To get your own policy, please go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Reviews: Best practice
In summary, I try and incorporate the following: –
- My reviews contain easily verifiable factual information;
- I aim to provide an accurate assessment of any product, of course;
- My own personal user experience forms the basis of my reviews;
- In addition, I read reviews on other sites to gain a general product consensus;
- Links to the manufacturer website;
- This information may include testimonials, other technical and sales information.
Measures and scoring:
- Design and ease of use;
- Sound quality;
- Value for money.
- 90 to 100: Outstanding!
- 80 to 90: Excellent and recommended;
- 60 to 80: Good but some drawbacks;
- 40 to 60: OK but consider alternatives;
- 20 to 40: Not bad but plenty of flaws;
- 0 to 20: Avoid at all costs.
Finally, I hope you enjoy reading my reviews and find them helpful. Thank you.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | November 2015.