Reviews and Disclosure Policy
My reviews appear on this page in no particular order: –
- BOSS | OC-2 Octave | Review
- DigiTech | CF-7 Chorus Factory | Review
- Earthquaker Devices | Night Wire Harmonic Tremolo | Review
- TC Electronic | Alter Ego custom delay and looper | Review
- Sterling RAY34CA Bass by Musicman
- Reaper 5 DAW by Cockos
In the UK, I am required by law to let you know if I have received cash or products, in exchange for writing a review.
A reviewer could be breaking the law if you don’t see a Disclosure Policy on their website.
In short, the relationship between someone reviewing a product, and the manufacturer or product provider, should be easily understood. More information about advertising codes and conduct here >> https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/advertising-codes.html
Disclosure Policy ~ valid from 15 November 2015: –
“My blog is personal. I do not receive any compensation or sponsorship to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
I write for my own purposes but I may be influenced by: –
My background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
I only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my user experience, are worthy of endorsement.
My blog may contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified”.
Finally, the views and opinions expressed on my blog are all my own.
Reviews: Best practice
In summary, I try and incorporate the following: –
- Easily verifiable factual information;
- An accurate assessment of any product, of course;
- Personal user experience forms the basis of my reviews;
- In addition, reviews on other sites to gain a general product consensus;
- Links to the manufacturer website;
- This information may include testimonials, technical and sales information.
Measures and scoring:
- Design and ease of use;
- Sound quality;
- Value for money.
- 75 to 100: Excellent and recommended;
- 50 to 75: Good but some drawbacks;
- 25 to 50: OK but consider alternatives;
- Less than 25: Avoid. Plenty of flaws.
Finally, I hope you enjoy reading my reviews and find them helpful. Thank you.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | Updated: March 2018.