Reviews and Disclosure Policy
My reviews appear on this page in no particular order: –
- DigiTech CF-7 Chorus Factory
- BOSS OC-2 Octaver
- EarthQuaker Devices Night Wire Dynamic Tremolo
- Sterling RAY34CA Bass by Musicman
- Reaper 5 DAW by Cockos
In the UK, I am required by law to let you know if I have received cash or products, in exchange for writing a review.
A reviewer could be breaking the law if you don’t see a Disclosure Policy on their website.
In short, the relationship between someone reviewing a product, and the manufacturer or product provider, should be easily understood.
Disclosure Policy ~ valid from 15 November 2015: –
“My blog is personal. I do not receive any compensation or sponsorship to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
I write for my own purposes but I may be influenced by: –
My background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
I only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my user experience, are worthy of endorsement.
My blog may contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified”.
Finally, the views and opinions expressed on my blog are my own.
Reviews: Best practice
In summary, I try and incorporate the following: –
- My reviews contain easily verifiable factual information;
- I aim to provide an accurate assessment of any product, of course;
- My own personal user experience forms the basis of my reviews;
- In addition, I read reviews on other sites to gain a general product consensus;
- Links to the manufacturer website;
- This information may include testimonials, other technical and sales information.
Measures and scoring:
- Design and ease of use;
- Sound quality;
- Value for money.
- 90 to 100: Outstanding!
- 80 to 90: Excellent and recommended;
- 60 to 80: Good but some drawbacks;
- 40 to 60: OK but consider alternatives;
- 20 to 40: Not bad but plenty of flaws;
- 0 to 20: Avoid at all costs.
Finally, I hope you enjoy reading my reviews and find them helpful. Thank you.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | November 2015.