“Breaking News” is a song about 24-hour television news media and reporting of global events. Do these channels exist for the greater good?
I wrote most of the lyrics whilst on holiday in Spain, during the week that news was broadcast of a British soldier’s murder in London, by an extremist. And then came the punditry: –
Simon Edward: Bass, vocals, and programming
Arranged and recorded at home: June 2013
- Jaydee: Custom ‘Infinity’ Bass
- Trace Elliot: GP12XV Preamp
- Focusrite: Saffire 6-USB
- Electro-voice: N/D 257 Mic
- BOSS: OC-2 Octave
- ‘Breaking News’ contains Licensed samples from: –
- Drum loop: ‘Chill Drum’ 65 BPM by danke @ looperman.com
- ‘Time+Space Distribution’: Ambient skyline;
- Freesound.org and freemp3x.com (various newsreels).
Thanks for listening.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | September 22nd, 2014.