Originally published: 24/9/2017
This is the Bio of Simon Edward; Independent Musician, Bass player and songwriter ~ with a day job.
- ‘InfinityBass’ is about his musical journey which began more than 30 years ago.
- He started on violin and piano at age 7, studied music at secondary school (O-level pass);
- Migrated to Bass at 17-years old. Member of three bands as Bass player: –
- “2nd Generation Band” (covers; 1988 to 1998);
- “TWB”; Christian praise and worship group (2000-2001) with ‘Brother in rhythm’ >> Stuart Martin.
- Solo artist and songwriter (2012 to date);
- Released on-line digital EP ‘Midnight Sun’ (15th January 2018);
- Bassist for ‘Stuart Martin Rhythm and Blues band’ (new for 2018).
All of us have a long and varied story within. Simon was born in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. Half-a-dozen moves later, and he’s settled for a place near Newbury in Berkshire, UK. That’s a longer story.
Loves his family, children, walking, travel (but not a fan of flying), football, making music – of course; Old valve amplifiers, bass guitars, pedals and effects, music technology, writing, learning new things, mindfulness and so much more.
Bio ~ New Music:
Writing new music in both song and instrumental form, Simon has recorded more than 20 compositions at home. His first digital ‘extended play’ (EP) release, entitled ‘Midnight Sun’, is now available to download on Bandcamp.com.
The songs are inspired by an eclectic range of influences, rooted in Funk-Rock, Jazz, post-rock Dream Pop, Ambient and Electronic music.
“This EP is a realisation of all I’ve learnt so far about writing, recording and producing my own songs; and without the help of one or two friends, it wouldn’t have been possible”.
Bio ~ Quote:
“Tone down, but don’t turn down the real you. Turn up the volume. Use your talent to infinity and beyond. You will inspire others to do the same.”
Simon is not sponsored by any named individual(s) or paid to endorse products. His web pages are free of advertising – and always will be.
However, he may recommend or promote a product or individual voluntarily. All views expressed are his own.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | January 15th 2018