Biography of Simon Edward; First up, Simon is an independent Musician, Bassist and song writer ~ with a day job. ‘InfinityBass’ is about a journey which began more than 30 years ago.
We all have a long and varied story to tell. Born and raised in East London, half-a-dozen moves later, Simon has settled for a place near Newbury in Berkshire, UK.
Loves his family, children, walking, travel (but not a fan of flying), football, making music – of course; old valve amplifiers, bass guitars, pedals and effects, writing, learning new things, mindfulness and so much more.
- Simon started on violin and piano at age 7, studied music at secondary school (O-level pass);
- Migrated to Bass at 17-years old. Member of three bands as Bass player: –
- “2nd Generation Band” (Rock, pop and gospel covers; 1988 to 1998);
- “TWB”; Christian praise and worship group (2000-2001) with ‘Brother in rhythm’ >> Stuart Martin.
- Solo artist and songwriter (2012 to date);
- Released first Digital EP ‘Midnight Sun’ (15th January 2018).
Originally published: 24/9/2017;
Writing new music in both song and instrumental form, Simon has recorded more than 20 compositions at home.
The songs are inspired by an eclectic range of influences, rooted in Jazz, funk, post-rock Dream Pop, Ambient and Electronic music.
“‘Midnight Sun’ is an EP about all I’ve learnt so far about writing, recording and producing my own songs; and without the help of one or two friends, it wouldn’t have been possible”.
Biography ~ Quote:
“Tone down, but don’t turn down the real you. Turn up the volume. Use your talent to infinity and beyond. You will inspire others to do the same.”
Finally, Simon is not sponsored or paid to endorse products. However, he may recommend or promote a product or individual voluntarily. All views expressed on this website are his own.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | January 15th 2018