This is the Bio of Simon Edward ~ post-rock dream pop, ambient-jazz and solo-bass…
- Independent Musician, Bass player and songwriter, with a day job.
- ‘InfinityBass’ is about his musical journey which began more than 30 years ago.
- He started on violin and piano at age 7, studied music at secondary school (O-level pass);
- Migrated to Bass at 17-years old. Member of two bands as Bass player: –
- “2nd Generation Band” (covers; 1988 to 1998);
- “TWB”; Christian praise and worship group (2000-2001) with friend of more than 30 years’ and ‘Brother in rhythm’, Stuart Martin.
- Solo artist and songwriter (2012 to date).
Simon is writing new music in both song and instrumental form, and has recorded more than 20 compositions at home. He will release an ‘extended play’ (EP) on physical CD and on line download from mid-January 2018.
He has a broad taste in all kinds of music; Jazz and electronic, Ambient to classical, funk and soul, rock and pop.
All of us have a long and varied story within. Simon was born in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. Half-a-dozen moves later, and he’s settled for a place near Newbury in Berkshire, UK. That’s a longer story.
Loves his family, children, walking, travel (but not a fan of flying), football, reading, making music – of course; Old valve amplifiers, bass guitars, pedals and effects, music technology, writing, learning new things, meditation, mindfulness and so much more.
“Tone down, but don’t turn down the real you. Turn up the volume. Use your talent to infinity and beyond. You will inspire others to do the same.”
Simon is not sponsored by any named individual(s) and not paid to endorse products. His web pages are free of advertising – and always will be.
However, he may wish to recommend or promote a product or individual voluntarily. The views expressed are all his own.
InfinityBass.com | by Simon Edward | September 24th 2017